Posts made by Craig Ahern

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ()
Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> Red Group Discussion Topics -> Web 2.0 applications in building curriculum units -> Using Wordle with the Danielson Model
by Craig Ahern - Friday, October 12, 2012, 11:12 AM

Sue,

:-) This is an excellent application of Wordle. You have synthesized the Danielson model with the Web 2.0 application software. I like how you organized the categories of ants and elephants. This will help your students organize the vast amount of information into meaningful and relevant information. Thank you for your post. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and responding.

Sincerely,

Craig

Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> Red Group Discussion Topics -> Hip-Hop and its influence on the English Language -> Traditional English
by Craig Ahern - Thursday, October 11, 2012, 2:34 PM

Ruth,

Thank you for sharing the article. I plan on reading this article. I agree media has a strong influence on our youth. I would expect students to use traditional English when they are working in schools. Providing an online relaxation lounge where students could communicate with each other in non traditional ways might structure teaching Traditional English. This may allow them to carry on with traditional English in the conventional classroom.

Sincerely,

Craig

Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> Red Group Discussion Topics -> Web 2.0 applications in building curriculum units -> Excellent Activites for Students of all Ages!
by Craig Ahern - Thursday, October 11, 2012, 2:17 PM

Carol,

I enjoyed reading you application of PicViewr. I think using clouds is an excellent idea. Using description in student's writing is a wonderful activities. I as a teacher can also see many great ideas with this activity. Perhaps students could teach one another to see what they see in the clouds. There is so much rich discussion in this activity. You are innovative and crafty and a blessing to your high school students.

Your next activity with ThinkQuest has opened your classroom to the entire world. This activity has a concept of learning where all ages can engage in dialogue. Students can gain an international perspective and communicate across the entire world. You are a wonderful teacher. Thank you for sharing with our class.

Sincerely,

:-) Craig

Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> Red Group Discussion Topics -> questioning in the on-line environment -> Re: questioning in the on-line environment
by Craig Ahern - Thursday, October 11, 2012, 1:42 PM

Sue

1.I have incorporated debate in undergraduate classes I taught involving critical thinking. As a requirement I ask students to become familiar with Aristotle's Rhetorical Analysis. Also included are examples of faculty deductive and inductive logic.

For more information about Aristotle's Rhetorical Analysis

For more information about Deductive Logic

For more information about Inductive Logic

2.I have supported my undergraduate and high school students by giving them the following:

a)Speeches to analyze

b)Case studies to work on in teams and critique

c)Simulations where they take famous speeches and break it into its different formats of appeal

Sincerely,

Craig

Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> Red Group Discussion Topics -> Reflecting on our course -> Blooms Taxonomy and E-Learning for Educators
by Craig Ahern - Thursday, October 11, 2012, 1:23 PM

Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives,

Cognitive Domain:

• What have you learned (i.e. what factual knowledge) has been of most use to you so far?

ü Operate Desire to Learn.

ü Operate Moodle,

ü Use Web 2.0 application,

ü Use Diigo,

ü Post to E-Learning for Educators website

• How would you rate your comprehension of course material? Are you having problems with comprehension and if so to what do you attribute that?
  • Operate Desire to Learn. Operate Moodle, Use Web 2.0 application, Use Diigo, Post to E-Learning for Educators website

ü On a scale of 1-10 For Comprehension

Software

Rating Scale

Desire 2L

Moodle

Web 2.0

Diigo

E-Learning for Educators

Problems with comprehension are due to the amount of time I have to devote to each of the activities.

• How well do you think you'll be able to apply what we've learned so far and or will be learning once we move into the "real" world of online teaching? I realize that, since it's still quite early in the course, none of us may have formed a clear or detailed answer to this question, but take a stab at it anyway.
  • On a scale of 1-10 for Application

Software

Rating Scale

Desire 2L

Moodle

Web 2.0

Diigo

E-Learning for Educators

• What is your analysis of the structure of the course? In what ways does it facilitate learning? Do you think that if the structure was changed or modified in any way that learning would occur more effectively?

ü Analysis

v There is much valuable information in this course. A time management course should be part of the orientation

ü Ways facilitate learning

v Use Skype or Face to Face

v Present instruction at a time when everyone can be online

ü Structure change or modified = effective learning

v Smaller units

v Tutorials that contain less information for processing

• One of our main tools for synthesizing information is the discussion forums. To what extent do you feel they enable us to do that and do you feel that if they were set up differently in any way that we'd be likely to synthesize information more successfully?

ü Extent for Synthesis

v Synthesis could be flipped in parts of the curriculum where creations can be created from individual components using Web 2.0

ü Set up differently = synthesis

v Integrate the applications using a preparation tool for E-Learning practicum.

• Evaluate your experience so far as a student in this course. You might want to talk about whether it is your first experience with an online course, and if it is not, compare it to your experience with other online courses you've taken. Discuss how the level of time and energy which you've been able to bring to the course has influenced your experience of it.

ü Evaluation of Experience

v Taught six online classes,

v student in 4 blended classes

ü Compare with other online courses

v Other classes were using Blackboard 9.0 Software

v This course used Desire 2L and Moodle

Ø Used White Board and Adobe Connect plus every other week Face to Face

ü Time and Energy =influence of Experience

The more time I spend with the materials makes me more knowledgeable about each of the programs.

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ()