Posts made by Craig Ahern

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ()
Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> The Kitchen -> Time to Play; Lets Combine Blooms Taxonomy and Web 2.0
by Craig Ahern - Friday, October 12, 2012, 11:00 PM

:-)

Hi you all,

It is truly time to have some fun. Work hard and play hard!

Sincerely,

Craig Ahern

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-px5qbCwb8qs/UGksbUkADcI/AAAAAAAADEg/0bCFrxoC_bs/s1600/Bloom_All.png

PasswordBox

is connecting you automatically

Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> Red Group Discussion Topics -> Web 2.0 applications in building curriculum units -> Re: Web 2.0 applications in building curriculum units
by Craig Ahern - Friday, October 12, 2012, 7:49 PM

Ruth,

It is truly an honor to be working with you.

Sincerely,

Craig Ahern

PasswordBox

Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> Red Group Discussion Topics -> Web 2.0 applications in building curriculum units -> My Experience in Education
by Craig Ahern - Friday, October 12, 2012, 7:46 PM

Carol,

I started out in education as the first male kindergarten teacher in the state of Illinois. I loved teaching kindergarten. There were many challenges because I taught in a poverty stricken community as a kindergarten teacher. Next, I found work teaching in a residential program for challenging special needs children. While working under my elementary license I was not certified when the residential students moved from junior high school to high school. Thus, I returned back to school for dual certification as a high school/ special education teacher. For purposes of paying tuition, I began teaching online classes at many universities in Chicago. Since then I have been designing and teaching online classes at the university level. Without any tenure in any public school institution I now depend on my online teaching adjunct work to supplement my wives salary. I would love to return to teaching in the public school system.

During the summer months. I have also taught gifted second and third graders in summer enrichment programs.

Sincerely,

Craig Ahern

PasswordBox

Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> Green Group Discussion Topics -> Managing Information Overload -> Infobesity
by Craig Ahern - Friday, October 12, 2012, 1:09 PM

Marie,

Even though I am not in your group, I have this urgency to apply. I guess I just have not had enough information today.

Advantages of Infobesity

Could help people who are experiencing some sort of cognitive impairment
Provides a need for programs like Diigo
Creates advancements in technology to manage information

Disadvantages of Infobesity

Lack of exercise
Less social interaction unless it involves the computer
Overwhelming can cause to paralysis

Sincerely,

Craig Ahern

Picture of Craig Ahern
EDUC 760 901 FA 12 -> Red Group Discussion Topics -> Web 2.0 applications in building curriculum units -> Re: Web 2.0 applications in building curriculum units
by Craig Ahern - Friday, October 12, 2012, 12:02 PM

Ruth,

"Brushing Your Teeth" is an excellent idea for helping special education students understand the importance of dental hygiene. Many students who are special education need to hear it from experts and concretely see the results.

I love your mini lesson on "Wash and Detail Cars" You are amazing to assist them in finding employment. You are definitely an asset to your employer.

:-) Great activities!

Sincerely,

Craig

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ()