Posts made by Maggie Rouman

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  ()
Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> Ways to Stimulate Discussions
by Maggie Rouman - Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 9:23 PM

What thought provoking discussion prompts! Remember, you are the facilitator of your own prompt thread. Keep deepening your thread discussions by questioning. Below I've uploaded a great infographic that sums up best practices. Pay attention to the "Prompts to Stimulate Conversation." Great tips! ~Maggie/Chicago

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> Post a response to each discussion prompt in your group.
by Maggie Rouman - Tuesday, January 19, 2016, 1:32 PM

A reminder about this week's discussions:

After you post YOUR question, facilitate your discussion (keep best practices in mind). As a facilitator you reply to all of the first responses from each person in your group. Strive to guide and deepen the discussion. (HERE YOU ARE ACTING AS TEACHER)

Participate in the other discussions within your group! Post a primary response to each discussion prompt in your group.. (HERE YOU ARE ACTING AS STUDENT.. REMEMBER TO FOLLOW BEST PRACTICES OUTLINED IN THE DISCUSSION RUBRIC)

If you wish, participate in any of the forums created by other groups!

Maggie (having fun changing the color of my font in Moodle)

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> Module 2 Grades Posted in D2L
by Maggie Rouman - Monday, January 18, 2016, 10:07 AM

Grades have been posted in D2L. You can access your grades through the D2L gradebook. 

Make sure to read my coaching comments for each assignment and consider the feedback as you move into Module 3. Feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK IN MODULE 3!

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO READING YOUR DISCUSSIONS!

~Maggie 

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE KITCHEN -> Seen any great movies lately? -> Good question!
by Maggie Rouman - Sunday, January 17, 2016, 7:32 PM

Jennie, with a little one I don't get the chance to see movies these days... at home or even the theater. I did sneak out and saw Star Wars. If you're a fan, it's great movie. Have you seen Inside Out? I've heard lots of great things about it. It's a Pixar movie, but I've been told adults love it too. I'm looking forward to renting it one day. I'm also interested in seeing the movie about Steve Jobs. 

Has anyone else seen these movies?

Maggie (trying to survive below zero wether in Chicago)

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> Our Interns
by Maggie Rouman - Friday, January 15, 2016, 2:54 PM

During the two modules in Moodle, we will have two Interns to help give feedback. The lovely Jessica Estevez will continue to work with us in Moodle and until the end of the course, and Crystal Fishman will join us in Moodle and serve as a guest Intern.

Both Jessica & Crystal are completing their e-learning practicums and will be providing feedback to you as well. Here's a little more information about Crystal:

My name is Crystal Fishman, and I make my home in New Jersey close to the shore. Currently, I am full time faculty at Rutgers University at the School of Health Related Professions for the Respiratory Care Program. Prior to that, I spent 15 years at an Academic Medical Center where I was a practicing Respiratory Therapist and did clinical in servicing on ventilation strategies for RN's and Residents. 

I will graduate in May with my MS in Education and my long term goal is to teach online. I look forward to working with you each of you!

We're going to have a great time in Moodle!

Maggie,Jessica & Crystal

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  ()
Skip Navigation

Navigation