Posts made by Maggie Rouman

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  ()
Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Kate's Quiz: 7 Things NOT to Do in a Survey -> Kate's QUiz
by Maggie Rouman - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:11 AM

Kate, kudos on creating a quiz in Moodle! It's the most challenging assessment tool. Nice choice of article. I couldn't read it because there wasn't a link to the source. Next time, consider adding a brief introduction to your quiz? I'm sure you do that in your classroom. Question 2 was a little confusing, but I think it was because I couldn't access your article. Overall, good attempt at your first Moodle quiz!

Maggie@Chicago

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> John's Poll
by Maggie Rouman - Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 11:58 PM

You provided a link to a very thought- provoking article. Maybe you might want to add a little more "meat" to the introduction of the article?  I liked how I was able to see everyone's responses at the end. It was interesting that flexibility was the most popular choice.

You provided 4 choices for the poll, however, the article has 8 reasons. Perhaps you should have considered more choices? Overall, well done!

~Maggie@Chicago

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Visual Appearance -> Jonathan's Poll
by Maggie Rouman - Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 11:49 PM

Well done, Jonathan! You provided a brief explanation with a link to a very thought- provoking article. I especially liked how I was able to see everyone's responses in a pie chart. Very interesting that 83% of the students polled still had a favorable opiion of using technology in the classroom. Have you used Google Forms for quizzes or surveys before?

~Maggie@Chicago

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> How to View Your Assessment as a Student & Other Notes
by Maggie Rouman - Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 7:32 PM

First of all, I have to say that I was impressed with your discussions last week! Wonderful job facilitating your threads and working to deepen your discussions!

A few things about our final week in Moodle:

Crystal & Jessica will be in the student role. They will take everyone's assessment and give peer feeeback. I will take your assessment as well and give feedback at the end of the week.

Try to have your assessment posted by Wednesday to give everyone time to give peer feedback. Please give peer feedback to everyone in your group. If you'd like, you can take the other group's assessments (optional) and review if you wish.

If you'd like to test your own assessment as a student, you can switch to the "student" role. Here's how:

~Maggie

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> Module 4 Now Open (Moodle Role Change Coming)
by Maggie Rouman - Friday, January 22, 2016, 12:18 AM

Weekend Warriors: Over the weekend you are free to catch up or work ahead.

For those of you still working on Module 3: Please try to have your work completed by Saturday night. Remember to complete your Discussion Evaluation Rubric & Reflection Form.

Module 4 Role Change from Student View to Teacher View: In Module 4 you will have the Teacher Role in Moodle. You will see things from the teacher point of view (which is quite different). Unless you request otherwise, you will be switched to the teacher role on Monday. If you are done with Module 3 and wish to change roles now, send me an email! During Module 4 you will be working in new teams. You will see the teams when you view Module 4 in Moodle. Happy "Moodling!" ~Maggie

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  ()
Skip Navigation

Navigation