Posts made by Maggie Rouman

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  ()
Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Dann's Dynamo Survey -> Re: Dann's Dynamo Survey
by Maggie Rouman - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:40 AM

Kudos on attempting a quiz, Dan. It can be a challenge creating auqiz in Moodle. I loved the funny choices for response. Very thought provoking  and timely topic as we're researching video tools in the assessment course I teach.

I took the quiz and purposely got some answers wrong and at the end I received the message "Your'e a bright student . . . so I'm not sure why you faired so poorly on this one."  Be sure to read more closely next time." Loved it! What a positive way to encourage students. Good idea that students had the chance to take the quiz again. Overall, well done!

MAggie@Chicago

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Heather's Survey -> Re: Heather's Survey
by Maggie Rouman - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:33 AM

Heather, great poll!  You provided a link to a very thought- provoking article, along with a thoughtful introduction.  I liked how I was able to see everyone's responses at the end. It was interesting that we were all over the map when it came to our optimal working time. How would you use the results of your poll if you were an instructor?

~Maggie@Chicago

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Marnie's Poll
by Maggie Rouman - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:26 AM

Marnie, wonderful introduction to a very thought -provoking article. Next time consider hyperlinking it for easier access? Nice use of color! Interesting how most of chose the same response. Have you conisdered using polls in your classroom?

~Maggie@Chicago

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Tony's Poll
by Maggie Rouman - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:22 AM

Nice job, Tony! You provided a concise introduction  to a very thought provoking article. Next time make sure to hyperliink your article? It makes it easier for students to acess it. Interesting that we all chose accessibilty. I think there are common themes with all these polls. Do you use polls in your classroom, or can you now understand the benefits of using a poll?

Maggie@Chicago

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Blubbr as a Quiz -> Great choice!
by Maggie Rouman - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:19 AM

Great choice for a quiz. Jenn! The visual component peaked my interest! The choices of a or b, or a and c I might be confusing for students. The timer made me nervous, but I loved that I got points for my correct responses. A great way to add gamification to a quiz... and sutdents could probably take the quiz again to see if they could improve their score. Thanks for sharing!

Maggie@Chicago

Page: ()   1  2  3  4  5  ()
Skip Navigation

Navigation