Discussions started by Maggie Rouman

Page: ()   1  2  3  ()
Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> How to View Your Assessment as a Student & Other Notes
by Maggie Rouman - Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 7:32 PM

First of all, I have to say that I was impressed with your discussions last week! Wonderful job facilitating your threads and working to deepen your discussions!

A few things about our final week in Moodle:

Crystal & Jessica will be in the student role. They will take everyone's assessment and give peer feeeback. I will take your assessment as well and give feedback at the end of the week.

Try to have your assessment posted by Wednesday to give everyone time to give peer feedback. Please give peer feedback to everyone in your group. If you'd like, you can take the other group's assessments (optional) and review if you wish.

If you'd like to test your own assessment as a student, you can switch to the "student" role. Here's how:

~Maggie

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> Module 4 Now Open (Moodle Role Change Coming)
by Maggie Rouman - Friday, January 22, 2016, 12:18 AM

Weekend Warriors: Over the weekend you are free to catch up or work ahead.

For those of you still working on Module 3: Please try to have your work completed by Saturday night. Remember to complete your Discussion Evaluation Rubric & Reflection Form.

Module 4 Role Change from Student View to Teacher View: In Module 4 you will have the Teacher Role in Moodle. You will see things from the teacher point of view (which is quite different). Unless you request otherwise, you will be switched to the teacher role on Monday. If you are done with Module 3 and wish to change roles now, send me an email! During Module 4 you will be working in new teams. You will see the teams when you view Module 4 in Moodle. Happy "Moodling!" ~Maggie

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> Ways to Stimulate Discussions
by Maggie Rouman - Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 9:23 PM

What thought provoking discussion prompts! Remember, you are the facilitator of your own prompt thread. Keep deepening your thread discussions by questioning. Below I've uploaded a great infographic that sums up best practices. Pay attention to the "Prompts to Stimulate Conversation." Great tips! ~Maggie/Chicago

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> Post a response to each discussion prompt in your group.
by Maggie Rouman - Tuesday, January 19, 2016, 1:32 PM

A reminder about this week's discussions:

After you post YOUR question, facilitate your discussion (keep best practices in mind). As a facilitator you reply to all of the first responses from each person in your group. Strive to guide and deepen the discussion. (HERE YOU ARE ACTING AS TEACHER)

Participate in the other discussions within your group! Post a primary response to each discussion prompt in your group.. (HERE YOU ARE ACTING AS STUDENT.. REMEMBER TO FOLLOW BEST PRACTICES OUTLINED IN THE DISCUSSION RUBRIC)

If you wish, participate in any of the forums created by other groups!

Maggie (having fun changing the color of my font in Moodle)

Picture of Maggie Rouman
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE NEWS FORUM////MAKE SURE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS -> Module 2 Grades Posted in D2L
by Maggie Rouman - Monday, January 18, 2016, 10:07 AM

Grades have been posted in D2L. You can access your grades through the D2L gradebook. 

Make sure to read my coaching comments for each assignment and consider the feedback as you move into Module 3. Feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK IN MODULE 3!

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO READING YOUR DISCUSSIONS!

~Maggie 

Page: ()   1  2  3  ()
Skip Navigation

Navigation