Discussions started by Jennifer Six-Reul

Picture of Jennifer Six-Reul
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Dann's Quiz
by Jennifer Six-Reul - Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 8:23 PM

Dann,

Your quiz was excellent.  Your formatting was consistent, and you started with the directions for each question (i.e., "True or False?").

When you provided distractors in Question 1, they were plausible and similar in length to the correct answer.

Also, I appreciated your use of humor.  I still remember a science teacher I had in seventh grade (40 years ago!) who would always insert a funny choice.  It made the tests in science (not my strong suit) much less stressful. It's a great technique.

Great job.

Jennie in Norwalk, CT

E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Post Discussion Topics Here -> Moodle vs. D2L for Building Community through Discussions
by Jennifer Six-Reul - Monday, January 18, 2016, 1:50 PM

We have been learning about utilizing Moodle as a discussion platform this week, and have started to use it.  Some of us may have been on Moodle before, and for others it is completely new.  Previously, we all had exposure to D2L in this class, and some of us may have prior experience with D2L.   Based on what we are learning this week, and your own experiences, can you describe an important difference between these two discussion platforms in terms of fostering a community of learners, and explain why this would be important to your current teaching area?

E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> THE KITCHEN -> Seen any great movies lately?
by Jennifer Six-Reul - Sunday, January 17, 2016, 12:39 PM

My husband and I are looking for a new movie to watch - either in the theaters or perhaps new to Netflix/PPV etc.  Any suggestions?  What did you like about it?

Jennie

Skip Navigation

Navigation