Posts made by Jennifer Six-Reul

Page:  1  2  3  ()
Picture of Jennifer Six-Reul
E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Jennie's Moodle Chunking Quiz -> Re: Jennie's Moodle Chunking Quiz
by Jennifer Six-Reul - Saturday, January 30, 2016, 9:14 PM

Maggie,

As you will see in my Reflections, I vastly prefered ProProfs.    

Jennie in Norwalk, CT

E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Heather's Survey -> Great Ice Breaker
by Jennifer Six-Reul - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:38 PM

Heather,

Great article and poll.  I agree with you, this would make a great ice breaker and get people thinking about their study schedule.  OK if I steal this idea for later use?

It is interesting to see the responses.  As an evening person, the thought of doing any critical thinking before 9 AM is completely foreign!

Jennie in Norwalk, CT

E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Dann's Dynamo Survey -> Thinking about the strugglers
by Jennifer Six-Reul - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 10:43 AM

Dann,

I applaud you for including the comment shared by Maggie for a failed quiz.  It shows that you believe in them ("You're a bright student"), and that there is a remedy and path to improvement ("Be sure to read more closely next time").  

Bravo!

Jennie in Norwalk, CT

E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Dann's Quiz
by Jennifer Six-Reul - Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 8:23 PM

Dann,

Your quiz was excellent.  Your formatting was consistent, and you started with the directions for each question (i.e., "True or False?").

When you provided distractors in Question 1, they were plausible and similar in length to the correct answer.

Also, I appreciated your use of humor.  I still remember a science teacher I had in seventh grade (40 years ago!) who would always insert a funny choice.  It made the tests in science (not my strong suit) much less stressful. It's a great technique.

Great job.

Jennie in Norwalk, CT

E-For-Ed - Jan 2016 -> Peer Review of surveys and quizzes -> Mike's Survey -> Your revised poll is indeed clear!
by Jennifer Six-Reul - Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 8:01 PM

Hi Mike.

I thought your choice poll was well done.  I took it before, and then again after you revised it based on Dann's feedback.  The revised poll was clear, and you wisely offered the two paths within each response group, which was great (you did not make an assumption as to whether your co-learners had or had not applied any of the concepts from the article to their discussion).  Plus, it was a good exercise to briefly revisit and reconsider the previous week's assignment, while still fresh in our minds, with 20/20 hindsight.  

Good job!

Jennie in Norwalk, CT

Page:  1  2  3  ()
Skip Navigation

Navigation