Picture of Carol Imani
Update
by Carol Imani - Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 11:09 PM

Hello Maggie,

It's Wednesday night and, due to a family emergency which began last Saturday and is continuing, I am just getting to this week's module tonight.  I'm feeling overwhelmed and in the dark about what we are actually supposed to do.  I do remember, however, when I tried earlier in the week to at least acquaint myself with what we are doing that I was put in the gray group, which is why I'm writing to you--though right now I can't even figure out where to find the list of group members.  I can spend much of tomorrow afternoon as well as much of Friday and Saturday on the module and I hope that will enable me to do all the activities.  I also hope that no one in this group has been dependent on something I was already supposed to do.  I have the impression that's much less true this week than last week, that we are working much more independently, though if that's true why we are in groups isn't clear to me.  In any case, I'd like to let you and others in this group know where things stand with me now and apologize if I've inconvenienced anyone.

Dennis O'Connor
You are in the right place
by Dennis OConnor - Thursday, October 18, 2012, 11:22 AM

Remember to breathe Carol.  You found the right group.  Everyones name is in the gray group title heading.

If you read through the Module 4 materials from top to bottom you'll know what to do.  For help on creating a quiz or an survey post to the Collaborative brain (at the very top of the page) or to this forum. 

I ask group member to take each others assessments and offer feedback. The won't be as intense as facilitating a discussion. However creating the assessments does take some time.

Dennis
Picture of Naomi Monson
Take Group Member Quiz or Survey
by Naomi Monson - Thursday, October 18, 2012, 12:52 PM

Carol,

I found it helpful to look at other classmate's quizzes or surveys. I would recommend that you try mine and Tina's in this group since it is part of the assignment. Then start working on yours. I hope everything starts to improve.

Naomi@Colombia
Picture of Maggie Rouman
Hang in there, Carol
by Maggie Rouman - Thursday, October 18, 2012, 12:59 PM

Hang in there, Carol. Dennis & Naomi have given great advice. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. This is your chance to experiment. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Maggie
Picture of Naomi Orlovsky
Re: Update
by Naomi Orlovsky - Thursday, October 18, 2012, 9:14 PM

Carol,

I hope things are soon well with you and yours!  
Thinking of you.

Naomi O. @ Wisconsin
Picture of Tina Rabideau
You are NOT alone.
by Tina Rabideau - Thursday, October 18, 2012, 11:55 PM

Carol, I hope you are hanging in there.  I have been working 12 hour days to prep for running our call center for a couple of week as my boss will be out of the office.  Since this is only the end of my 3rd week, I am simply overwhelmed with work and school.  To add to it, I do not find Moodle user-friendly at all.  I just remind myself to do the best I can with the limited time I have. I am on schedule in my other course, but behind this week in this one. Just know that you are not alone in how you are feeling.

~Tina@MN
Picture of Carol Imani
Re: To the members of this group
by Carol Imani - Friday, October 19, 2012, 3:48 PM

Thank you all for your very kind words.  They really help and make me feel a lot better--and convince me that you truly are actual people. 

I've had a very difficult week, little sleep, and it's not over yet.  I've been in touch with Dennis about this.  I'm trying to get my quiz posted so that the rest of you can respond to it.  If I don't manage to do that I know that he will exempt you from taking my quiz.  Like you, Tina, I'm finding Moodle far from user friendly, in fact, more like an obstacle course, and this week's assignments significantly more challenging and time consuming than those in previous weeks.

In any case, don't worry about being responsible for my quiz at the last minute if you are unable to do it.