Picture of Maggie Rouman
Let's Welcome Our New Intern Charity!
by Maggie Rouman - Monday, September 19, 2016, 12:06 AM

Since our Intern, Kris Peachey, had to drop out due to a family situation, we will be joined by a new Intern, Charity Romstad. Here's a little bit more information about her:

Charity is currently working as a technology integrationist (coach) and tech lab teacher for grades six-nine at Rabat American School in Morocco. After 13 plus years working as mainly an English teacher in California and then Morocco, she decided the only way to keep up with the constant change of educational technologies and to know what elements really mattered for learning rather than just flashy use of tech, was to dive head first into the world of EdTech. In 2014, she first took on the role of technology teacher, which then transformed into only tech labs for students and more work with instructors and departments. 

She is pursuing the E-Learning and Online Teaching certificate in order to better facilitate the improvement goals for the blended or hybrid teaching and learning on her current school campus and to open up more opportunities for employment in the future. 

Welcome Charity!

Maggie

Picture of Becky Marquardt
Welcome, Charity!
by Becky Marquardt - Monday, September 19, 2016, 6:14 PM

Welcome to the class. I look forward to learning with you.

Becky Marquardt

Picture of Charity Romstad
Re: Welcome, Charity!
by Charity Romstad - Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 2:54 PM

Thanks, Becky!

I have been reading through the first few weeks of this course to catch up to speed and noticed you work at an internation online school, which sounds quite interesting to me. I look forward to working with you and hearing your perspectives on the field of both online and "international" schools. 

-Charity (Intern in Morocco)

Picture of Maria Veronica Solano
welcome from Paraguay
by Maria Veronica Solano - Monday, September 19, 2016, 8:40 PM

Hi, Charity

I'm so happy there will be another person from outside the US in the class. Working in Morocco you'll be able to share a unique perspective on education.

Welcome!

Veronica

Re: welcome from Paraguay
by Charity Romstad - Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 3:02 PM

Hi Veronica, 

Likewise, I am curious about your work in Paraguay. Your program to teach coding/programing to high school students sounds fascinating (I've been reading through the course discussions to catch up). I've only tinkered with online sites such as code.org with my middle schoolers. I'm exciting to be working with you online! 

-Charity

Re: Let's Welcome Our New Intern Charity!
by Charity Romstad - Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 3:18 PM

Thank you for the introduction, Maggie!

Hello to everyone, la bess? La bess is Moroccan Arabic (Darija) for the equivilant of "How are you?" (literally = not bad?). I am in my fourth year living and teaching in Morocco, but this online learning and teaching world is a fascnating place!

I am excited to be a part of this class and look forward to working with all of you!

Sincerely,

Charity (Interning from Morocco) 

Picture of Troy Davies
by Troy Davies - Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:27 AM

Welcome Charity. Glad to have you join our learning community!

Troy

Picture of Chrissy Bowleg
by Chrissy Bowleg - Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:38 PM

Greetings Charity,

Welcome and I hope you have a great experience.  Your area of work sounds awesome! I look forward to learning with you.

Chrissy

Skip Navigation

Navigation