Picture of Heather Spiva
Dann's Dynamo Survey
by Heather Spiva - Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 10:04 PM

Dann,

Your survey was pretty much the bomb. (I know, I know. Less slang.)

But it was. Great article, very in depth (I skimmed most of it which would explain why I bombed the survey (obviously, a different kind of bomb).

But, your survey was great, too. And as Jennifer noted, you can't go wrong with humor. Loved it. (That was probably the only question I got right ... I think.)

You wrote the survey like the pro you are. I can definitely learn from you!

-Heather

Picture of Maggie Rouman
Re: Dann's Dynamo Survey
by Maggie Rouman - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 12:40 AM

Kudos on attempting a quiz, Dan. It can be a challenge creating auqiz in Moodle. I loved the funny choices for response. Very thought provoking  and timely topic as we're researching video tools in the assessment course I teach.

I took the quiz and purposely got some answers wrong and at the end I received the message "Your'e a bright student . . . so I'm not sure why you faired so poorly on this one."  Be sure to read more closely next time." Loved it! What a positive way to encourage students. Good idea that students had the chance to take the quiz again. Overall, well done!

MAggie@Chicago

Picture of Jennifer Six-Reul
Thinking about the strugglers
by Jennifer Six-Reul - Thursday, January 28, 2016, 10:43 AM

Dann,

I applaud you for including the comment shared by Maggie for a failed quiz.  It shows that you believe in them ("You're a bright student"), and that there is a remedy and path to improvement ("Be sure to read more closely next time").  

Bravo!

Jennie in Norwalk, CT