Picture of Sharon Suchla
Sheilah's quiz
by Sharon Suchla - Thursday, May 28, 2015, 11:47 AM

Sheilah:

I thought your questions were very well written.  I found the same challenge as you did.  When there are multiple correct answers and students don't use the same verbiage as the teacher, it's difficult to key in correct answer information.  I guess these are questions we would grade personally and not build answers into the quiz?

Sharon

Cynthia Koons, RDH, MBA
Re: Sheilah's quiz
by Cynthia Koons - Friday, May 29, 2015, 1:47 AM

Shelia,

I had problems with the short answer questions. Maybe including a "word bank" or "answer bank" might help?

Cyndy

Picture of Sharon Suchla
by Sharon Suchla - Friday, May 29, 2015, 6:10 PM

That's an idea, Cyndy!

Yellowstone
by Sheri Perez - Saturday, May 30, 2015, 12:19 AM

When I used fill in the blank questions in my quizzes, creating a word bank did help.  However, I still received several notifications from students that correct answers were marked as wrong.

Sheri

Yellowstone
by Sheri Perez - Saturday, May 30, 2015, 12:17 AM

Hi Sharon,

Creating fill in the blank questions are very difficult in many course management systems, only perfect matches are counted as correct.  An answer can be marked incorrect for very minor issues such as capitalization or punctuation.  Some systems are more forgiving, but I would not place Moodle in that category.  I know from experience that fill in the blank answers lead to manual grading of every quiz and may defeat the feature of immediate feedback that we are trying to provide.

Cynthia Koons, RDH, MBA
by Cynthia Koons - Saturday, May 30, 2015, 10:26 AM

That is good to know and it may prevent wasting time. Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Cyndy