Two little lambs
Lisa's quiz
by Sara Turansky - Monday, May 25, 2015, 4:48 PM

Lisa,

I liked that you used a variety of quiz questions, not just relying on the old standard multiple choice. My only suggestion would be if you could link to the article in a separate window/tab so that I can easily get back to the quiz.

Great start!

Picture of Lisa Fitzgerald
Re: Lisa's quiz
by Lisa Fitzgerald - Monday, May 25, 2015, 6:14 PM

That's a great idea--I didn't think of that.  I'll try to change it; this is still all so new :)

Picture of Anne Wilkinson
by Anne Wilkinson - Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 3:47 PM

Lisa,

I like that you have multiple multiples (multiple choice questions that have more than one answer).  Our students take State licensing exam after they graduate.  The State Board of Nursing  added multiple multiples to the exam  and of course all the schools of nursing followed suit in the classroom exams..  

Students don't like these questions but it forces them to realize there is more than just one right answer.    By using these types of questions in low stakes quizzing that students can take more than once, it helps get them use to the methods and the ability to reason out their answers.

Anne

by Lisa Fitzgerald - Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 11:49 AM

Anne,

It's great to know that the multiple multiples is helpful in other disciplines. I agree with you that they are much more reflective of real-world situations.  And, of course, it doesn't hurt that it helps them see the multi-faceted nature of the complex ideas about which they're learning. 

Lisa

Picture of Sharon Suchla
by Sharon Suchla - Thursday, May 28, 2015, 11:40 AM

Lisa:

I liked how you captured the entire contents of the article in just 5 questions.  I also thought that your questions were very well written.  I have been struggling with creating my own quiz for days (Moodle related issues) so I really appreciate your beautiful product, more than you know!!!!  :)

Sharon

by Lisa Fitzgerald - Friday, May 29, 2015, 9:48 AM

Hi Sharon,

I can empathize completely; I haven't used any kind of online tool like this in the past, so I know exactly what you mean about the struggles of trying to figure it out. I found that the videos helped. 

Lisa

Picture of Sharon Suchla
by Sharon Suchla - Friday, May 29, 2015, 6:09 PM

The videos help some, Lisa.  But I found that there were key starting points that they didn't quite show.  Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention?

Sharon

by Lisa Fitzgerald - Saturday, May 30, 2015, 11:07 AM

Sharon, I agree about the videos being a little difficult to follow; I think between them, a little trial and error, and some good luck, I was able to figure it out :)